FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Choose a category below

New Homeowner?
Welcome to your new home!!

We understand that you are busy unpacking and getting settled. You probably have a lot of questions about your Association. As soon as we receive your closing information, we will send you a welcome packet with our contact information, any needed forms for making exterior changes, information about how to make your assessment payments and other helpful information.

Instructions for setting up your Resident Portal.

Gated Community

If you live in a gated community and need assistance, please call your community specialist at 407-705-2190.

Estoppel Certificates and Lender Questionnaires
What is an Estoppel Certificate?
An estoppel letter is a legal document provided by the seller's Home or Condominium Owners Association, outlining the current owner's financial standing, past due balances, current fees due, Capital Contribution, and lists all future special assessments due. Each letter has a “good through” date.
How can I order an Estoppel?

For all Resale Estoppels, please click on the link here.

New Home? Please send the request to The request must include the following information:

  • Property Address
  • Lot Number/Legal Line
  • Seller Name(s)
  • Buyer Name(s)
  • Anticipated Closing Date
How Long is the Association given to answer an Estoppel Request?

Per FL Statutes 718.116 (Condominiums), 719.108 (Co-Operatives), and 720.30851 (Homeowners), the Association has up to 10 Business Days to answer an Estoppel Request after receiving the request and payment for service is made. However, a 72-hour (3 day) rush may be added for a fee of up to $100.00.

How long is an Estoppel Valid?

Per FL Statutes 718.116 (Condominiums), 719.108 (Co-Operatives), and 720.30851 (Homeowners), Estoppel Certificates are only good for 30 days from the date it is completed.

What if I need an Updated Estoppel?

Updated Estoppels can be requested the same way the original order was placed.

How can I Request/Order a Lender Questionnaire?

Lender Questionnaires can be ordered through here. If a specific form needs to be filled out a Custom Questionnaire should be ordered.

Community Documents
What Are Association Documents?

Association Documents generally consist of the Declarations of Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions (also know as the CC&R’s), By-Laws, Articles of Incorporation, and Rules & Regulations.

I am an owner and need my association documents?

Your community documents can typically be found on your resident portal or community website.  If not, please send an email to or call 407-705-2190 to request the documents. Be sure to include your association name or property address.

Need Association Documents but not the Owner?

You can order the Community Documents here. If you are ordering an Estoppel, the documents can be bundled in the order.

Accounting & Billing
What are assessment coupons for?

Assessment coupons are your notice that your account will be charged for the amount of the assessments on the date printed on the coupons.

Who do I make my check payable to?

Please make all checks payable to your Association and not to Artemis Lifestyles. 

Are my HOA dues included on the escrow account with my mortgage payments?

No, usually your escrow account includes the taxes and insurance. The payments for the Homeowner Association are separate. Please check with your mortgage company to verify this.

Can I pay with a credit card?

Yes, you can pay with a credit card or debit card online. You can also make a bank transfer. Click here to pay online.

Can I pay my assessments in advance?

Yes, you can pay your dues in advance. Your payments will be on the prepaid balance and they will be reduced every time the assessments are charged.

Gate/Pool Questions

For questions about your community gate or pool, please call your community specialist at 407-705-2190 or email

General Community Questions
What is a Property Management Company and what do they do?

A property management entity contracted by a Board of Directors or community to provide a variety of services including but not limited to collecting assessments, sub-contractor endeavors, financial advisement and statement/reports preparation and analysis, general maintenance and problem resolution, and advisement on legal and other property related matters. Some of these companies manage hundreds of properties simultaneously, while others focus on individual properties.

What Are 'ByLaws'?

A set of rules or guidelines regarding the operation of a non-profit corporation such as a Board. Bylaws generally set forth definitions of offices and committees involved with the Board of Directors. They can include voting rights, meetings, notices, and other areas involved with the successful operation of the Association.

What are CC&Rs?

The term CC&R refers to 'Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions.' A real covenant is a legal obligation imposed in a deed by the seller of a home and or property upon the buyer of the real estate to do or not to do something. Such restrictions frequently 'run with the land' and are enforceable on future buyers of the property. Examples might be to maintain a property in a reasonable state of repair, to preserve a sight-line for a neighboring property, not to run a business from a residence, or not to build on certain parts of the property. Many covenants are very simple and are meant only to protect a neighborhood from homeowners destroying trees or historic things or otherwise directly harming property values. Some can be more specific and strict, outlining everything a homeowner can do to the exterior of their home, including the number of non-familial tenants one may have, acceptable colors to re-paint the home, exactly when holiday decorations are allowed up, automobile placement or repair on property, satellite placement, etc

What is a Board of Directors?

In relation to an HOA, Community or other formal organization, a director is an officer charged with the conduct and management of its affairs. The directors collectively are referred to as a board of directors, and are generally elected or appointed.

Sometimes the board will appoint one of its members to be the chair, making this person the President of the Board of Directors or Chairman.

What is a Homeowners Association (HOA)?

A Homeowners' Association (HOA) is a legal entity created by a real estate developer for the purpose of developing, managing and selling a community of homes. It is given the authority to enforce the covenants, conditions & restrictions (CC&Rs) and to manage the common amenities of the development. It allows a developer to end their responsibility over the community, typically by transferring ownership of the association to the homeowners after selling. Generally accepted as a voluntary association of homeowners gathered together to protect their property values and to improve the neighborhood, a large percentage of U.S neighborhoods where free standing homes exist have an HOA. Most homeowners' associations are nonprofit organizations and are subject to state statutes that govern non-profit corporations and homeowners' associations.

What is the difference between a Homeowners Association and a Neighborhood Association?

The term neighborhood association is sometimes incorrectly used instead of homeowners association (HOA). Some key differences include:

1. HOA membership is mandatory generally through rules tied to the ownership of property like deed restrictions. Neighborhood association membership is voluntary or informal.

2. HOAs often own and maintain common property, such as recreational facilities, parks, and roads, whereas neighborhood associations are focused on general advocacy and community events.

The rules for formation of a neighborhood association in the United States are sometimes regulated at the city or state level. Neighborhood associations are more likely to be formed in older, established neighborhoods, whereas HOAs are generally established at the time a residential neighborhood is built and sold. In some cases, neighborhood associations exist simultaneously with HOAs, and each may not encompass identical boundaries.

What is a Neighborhood Association?

A Neighborhood Association (NA) is a group of residents or property owners who advocate for or organize activities within a neighborhood. An association may have elected leaders and voluntary dues. Some neighborhood associations in the United States are incorporated, may be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization, and may enjoy freedom from taxation from their home state.

What is a Community Association?

A community association is a nongovernmental association of participating members of a community, such as a neighborhood, village, condominium, cooperative, or group of homeowners or property owners in a delineated geographic area. Participation may be voluntary, require a specific residency, or require participation in an intentional community. Community associations may serve as social clubs, community promotional groups, service organizations, or quasi-governmental groups.

Are 'Dues' different than 'Assessments'?

No. A predetermined set of fees usually referred to as Dues or assessments are collected by HOAs, Community Associations, or divisions of property management for the upkeep of said organizations or neighborhoods in general. These fees are billed at intervals, sometimes by month, quarter, or annually.

Do all violations warrant a letter?

Violation letters are sent for all violations observed during inspection of the community.

If I receive a violation letter, who was it that sent it?

The Community Manager sends violation letters for all violations observed during an inspection of the community or reported by another owner. The letter you received states the specific violation and the date it was reported.

What is an assessment and what is it used for?

An assessment is something used to manage and maintain the community. Some of the expenses that must be paid include, but are not limited to water, electricity, repairs, maintenance, improvements, community management, mailings to owners, insurance and legal fees. Some money is also put into a reserve account to pay for future maintenance.

What is the difference between the Board of Directors and the HOA?

The association consists of all owners within each community. Each and every owner is a member of the association. Membership is not optional. The Board of Directors consists of those owners who have been elected to conduct the day-to-day business of the association and make the decisions that affect all owners.

Architectural Review (ARB/ARC) Questions
Why must I submit an architectural request?

There are many reasons to submit an architectural change request, the biggest being for your own protection. If a guideline were to change that puts you in violation, having an approved request allows you to be “grandfathered in” thus preventing you from being cited for the violation. Another reason for submitting the request is to show other owners in the community that the changes you make are considered aesthetically pleasing, although another owner may not like your taste.

Can I install a satellite dish or wireless network antenna?

Federal Communications Commission (F.C.C.) regulations prevent an association from prohibiting such communication devices. However, the association can create rules and regulations regarding its size and placement on a lot or parcel. It is strongly recommended that such devices be installed as close to the ground as possible and out-of-view from a neighboring property, a common area or the street. If your installation requires the device to be visible, it is recommended that you submit
an architectural change request form to confirm the placement of your device.

If I wanted to build a fence in front of my house, could I build it taller than what the HOA deed restrictions state?

Fair and uniform enforcement of the HOA’s deed restrictions is critical to maintaining property values. Association deed restriction cases are typically overturned in the courts if there has been inconsistent application of the association’s rules and regulations over the years. Thus, unless you can show that the rule has not been applied consistently, you won’t have much recourse.

Do I need to get permits prior to any work being done?

If the work to be completed requires any permits or licenses from the city, county or state, it is your responsibility to research and obtain those permits and submit them along with an architectural change request form. The Association, Board of Directors and management company are not responsible for researching or obtaining permits on behalf of the owner.

If I have a question regarding an architectural request, whom do I contact?

If you have a question about an architectural change request that you intend to submit or have already submitted, please contact the Customer Experience Team at 


Help us best answer your questions by filling out our form below!


From on-site property management to coordinating financial transactions, we partner with over 200 communities across Florida to provide premier management services.